The ATFG (Tunisian Association of FootGolf) organizes for the first time in Tunisia, a FootGolf tournament from 13 to 15 April 2018 in partnership with AFFG (French Association of FootGolf) both members of the FIFG (Federation for International FootGolf ) at La Cigale Tabarka Golf for a competition that counts for the World Tour as a FIFG 250 tournament. Four nationalities will be represented; France, Tunisia, Spain and Switzerland.
Many Tunisian footballers were invited to discover the discipline and share pleasant moments with the team of France as much on the footgolf field than after the gala dinner.
ATFG was created in 2018 to promote FootGolf in Tunisia and organize national and international tournaments. A strategic development plan has been put in place to enable Tunisia to host the World Cup, which will take place this year as an indication in Morocco, from 9 to 16 December 2018.
For this first edition, the former European Football Champion Sylvain Wiltord, will be the guest of honor, he was ambassador of FootGolf in France in 2015 on behalf of the AFFG.
LA CIGALE TABARKA GOLF
The event held at La Cigale Tabarka Golf could not find a better show! With the complete renovation in 2016 of its course and its Club House, this one is certainly classified in the closed circle of the most beautiful golfs of the world.
Inaugurated in 1992, La Cigale Golf Tabarka has been redesigned to offer its members and visitors an exceptional course. The golf course (Par 72, 6306 meters) has undergone a real makeover. Indeed, all the playing surfaces have been fully resurfaced, a total renovation of the three lakes with rocky banks, as well as roads and paths.
Regardless of the golf activity, La Cigale Tabarka Golf will officially be able to host FootGolf events since the course has been homologated and is today one of the most beautiful FootGolf courses in the world.
How does it work?
- Respect the official outfit: Bermuda shorts, polo with a collar, high socks, beret, sneakers or stabilized football boots. Crampons forbidden!
- For the first shot, position the ball between the two starting balls and up to two meters behind the marks.
- The ball must be played in one movement, the contact must be honest. The foot must not accompany the ball. Putting the ball with the sole is banned since June 2014.
- The ball must be easily identifiable.
- Wait until everyone has played their ball before advancing to the field.
- Do not play until the ball has completely stopped (it is not allowed to stop a ball pushed by the wind).
- Follow the order of the scores and wait for your turn to play . The player furthest from the hole will be the first to play.
- Playing the ball where it is: moving the ball or obstacles is forbidden. In bunkers, elk races are prohibited.
- If the ball falls into the water, recover and place it behind the portion of the ground from which the ball entered the water, or return to the point of the previous shot. In all cases, a penalty point is given.
- Make sure the shots do not interfere with other players. When approaching a hole or at the request of a partner, mark the ball with a marker positioned behind the ball before removing it.
Source: Press release